On 12/1/2013 12:12 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

    but there is no known proof (or even an argument offered by materialists)
that
    matter cannot be explained in terms of something simpler.

    Of course not.  That would the point the it's fundamental.

The point of Jason if I may, is that there is no way to explain numbers without assuming them... but there are ways to explain matter without assuming it.

I'm not convinced of either of those points. And as I noted "to be explained" does entail that something cannot be fundmental, only that it might not be.