On 5 December 2013 20:58, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/12/5 LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
>
>> Well all the possibilities ever experienced by an human beings anywhere
>> in the multiverse add up to a vanishingly small measure compared to all the
>> parts of the multiverse where we didn't evolve, Earth didn't form, etc.
>>
>> So any measure we are aware of is always going to be infinitesimal from a
>> "God's eye perspective" - and 100% from our own.
>>

> As I said, only relative measure count... ASSA is useless and wrong. When
> I talk about low measure, I alway talk about relative measure from your
> current state.

Excuse my ignorance, I realise SSA is the self-sampling assumption (I think
I read about that in Russell's book) but what is the ASSA, and why is it
useless and wrong?

Reading posts further down, it seems to me that we're dealing with a
continuum rather than discrete branches, is that right? So everyone is an
uncountable infinity of selves. (And always will be, for ever and ever...)