On 12/5/2013 8:07 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

How did you get to our current state to begin with? If we keep following it backwards it seems it leads to some primordial conscious state from which any future state might emerge. If the branch in which your are shot by the quantum gun kills you, perhaps that is equivalent to being reset to this primordial state, and your next conscious moment could be anything.

Including not being you.