On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
>
> 2013/12/5 Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>
>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 2013/12/5 Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Measure is relative,
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Yes, so your current measure of next finding yourself in a Drelb
>>>> continuation, is relatively low compared to the measure of you still being
>>>> conscious on Earth. But if you point a quantum gun at your head and pull
>>>> the trigger 30 times, your Earth-continuation measure continues to fall, it
>>>> is reduced by a factor of a billion. At this point, your Drelb-based
>>>> extensions may become relatively higher than your Earth-based extensions,
>>>> and therefore you would be likely to experience a transition to those
>>>> realms of higher measure.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> it doesn't drop while you approach death.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Your measure drops whenever you make yourself more unique,
>>>>
>>>
>>> You doesn't, you always have an infinity of continuations.
>>>
>>
>>
>> In measure theory ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measure_(mathematics) )
>> just because there are an infinite number does not mean they are equal.
>> Your measure each time you pull the trigger in the quantum gun is
>> (approximately) halved.
>>
>
> No, that is ASSA...
>
>
>>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>  especially in those instances where you survive dangerous situations
>>>> (such as falling from a height, or significantly aging).
>>>>
>>>
>>> Your relative measure doesn't drop,
>>>
>>
>> Relative to what?  Does not one's measure of being alive drop in half
>> with each trigger pull, (relative to your measure of being alive before the
>> trigger pull)?
>>
>>
>>> but the outcome to explain you're still alive can become more strange...
>>> and drelb based extensions should not become much higher, simple physics
>>> should still have higher measure to explain your unlikely survival.
>>>
>>
>> You are saying we cannot reduce one's measure for surviving in the
>> physical universe to arbitrarily low levels?  What would you say your
>> relative measure of being alive in the physical world be after an atomic
>> bomb went off 10 feet from you (relative to before it went off)?
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Probabilities add up to one...
>>>>>
>>>> Which probabilities are you referring to here?
>>>>
>>>
>>> The probabilities applies only on your continuation, the partitioning of
>>> the infinity of continuations where you're alive are the probabilities to
>>> find yourself in such continuation or such other, those adds up to one...
>>>
>>
>> Think of it like this: There are 10,000 explanations for your current
>> experience. 9,950 are various physical and biological instances of you
>> living on Earth, 30 instances are various ancestor simulations run by
>> future humans, 15 are by advanced aliens in other universes, and 5 are by
>> Drelb-like entities. If you shoot yourself in the head with a quantum gun,
>> 4,975 of the 9,950 biological instances are dead, and 25 of the 50
>> simulated ones awaken from the simulation. You pull the trigger again, and
>> 2488 of the 4975 biological survivors from the first trigger pull are dead,
>> and 13 of the 25 simulated survivors wake up from their simulation. Note
>> that with each trigger pull, the proportion who are still alive (either in
>> the simulation or having awoken from it) remains the same: at 50, while the
>> population of physical/biological entities is cut in half each time.  After
>> another 12 or so trigger pulls the only remaining survivors will be those
>> that were simulated, and all of them now find themselves in a different
>> realm.
>>
>>
>

If what I said above is the ASSA, then what does the RSSA say concerning
the above analysis?

Jason




> the partitioning of Drelb world should always be low measure... even near
>>> death.
>>>
>>>
>> This would require that the simulation hypothesis has an extremely low
>> (relative) probability.
>>
>> Jason
>>
>>
>>> Quentin
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> And by no cul de dac you should not count where you 're dead.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Subjectively you cannot die.  And in an infinitely large and varied
>>>> universe, many strange things may happen.
>>>>
>>>> Jason
>>>>
>>>>  Le 5 déc. 2013 03:44, "Jason Resch" <jasonre...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Quentin Anciaux 
>>>>>> <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2013/12/4 Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>  On 12/4/2013 10:24 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM, <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Theory? I am betting neither Clarke the writer, nor Shermer, the
>>>>>>>>>> Atheist, has put a lot of intellectual efforts in their
>>>>>>>>>> perspectives/statements. Clarke was aiming at human perspective. 
>>>>>>>>>> Shermer
>>>>>>>>>> was trying to shoot down the attitudes of the religious, by
>>>>>>>>>> re-phrasing Clarke's Law. Could God be Drelb, the famous 
>>>>>>>>>> hyper-intelligence
>>>>>>>>>> from the Sombrero Galaxy. If this is so, what can we do about it?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>  If Drelb is hyper-intelligent, it can simulate all of Earth and
>>>>>>>>> learn everything about us and everything we do.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> That seems inconsistent with the idea that "we" are infinitely
>>>>>>>>> many threads of computation in multiverses.  FPI would make us random 
>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>> Drelb too.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> There are also infinite numbers of Drelb though too.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Drelb, by constructing a "physical replica" of Earth, is in a sense
>>>>>>>> is running a quantum emulation of all possibilities of Earth, and 
>>>>>>>> Drelb, by
>>>>>>>> observing it, is split into as many copies as there are possibilities 
>>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>>> the simulation to diverge.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Such should have a very low measure facing the UD or comp is
>>>>>>> false...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> As you approach death and your measure drops, strange things may
>>>>>> result.  Remember there are an infinite number of such Drelb-like 
>>>>>> entities,
>>>>>> none can change mathematical truth so none can affect whether or not your
>>>>>> existence, but they can provide continuation paths for you.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Jason
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  --
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>> send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com
>>>>>> .
>>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>>>
>>>>>  --
>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>>> an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>> an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
>>> Batty/Rutger Hauer)
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
> Batty/Rutger Hauer)
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to