On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/12/5 LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>

>>> As I said, only relative measure count... ASSA is useless and wrong.
>>> When I talk about low measure, I alway talk about relative measure from
>>> your current state.
>>>

>> Excuse my ignorance, I realise SSA is the self-sampling assumption (I
>> think I read about that in Russell's book) but what is the ASSA,
>>

> ASSA is absolute self sampling assumption... it means there exists an
> absolute measure for every moments, ASSA states that your measure is always
> decreasing... ASSA is absurd because ASSA predicts you shouldn't find
> yourself alive now.

This isn't clear. Why (under the ASSA) shouldn't we be alive right now
while under the RSSA we ought to?

> RSSA is relative self sampling assumption and state that measure only make
> sense relative to your current state, there doesn't exist an absolute
> measure.

How did you get to our current state to begin with? If we keep following it
backwards it seems it leads to some primordial conscious state from which
any future state might emerge. If the branch in which your are shot by the
quantum gun kills you, perhaps that is equivalent to being reset to this
primordial state, and your next conscious moment could be anything.

Jason