On Dec 13, 2013, at 10:22 AM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any time John Clark pretends that he does not understand or believe in first-person indeterminancy,

But I do believe in and understand first-person indeterminacy, in fact it was without question the very first thing that I ever understood in my life; even as a infant I realized that I didn't know what I would see next, and even if I did I didn't know what I would do next.

So you agree with step three. It's time to admit you have found no flaw in it and proceed to the next steps.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/5PR1FXp_CSU/PnuTSn_82PwJ

> John Clark: "So yes, subjectively the intelligence would have no way of knowing if A was true or B, or to put it another way subjectively it would make no difference."

I stand by every word I wrote, especially "subjectively it would make no difference"; but if you're going to quote me quote the entire paragraph:

" Both A and B are identical in that the intelligence doesn't know what it is going to see next; but increasingly convoluted thought experiments are not needed to demonstrate that everyday fact. The only difference is that in A lots of copies are made of the intelligence and in B they are not; but as the intelligence would have no way of knowing if a copy had been made of itself or not nor would it have any way of knowing if it was the original or the copy, subjectively it doesn't matter if A or B is true. So yes, subjectively the intelligence would have no way of knowing if A was true or B, or to put it another way subjectively it would make no difference."

And I concluded that post with:

"the conclusion is the same, and that is the not very profound conclusion that you never know what you're going to see next, and Bruno's grand discovery of First Person Indeterminacy is just regular old dull as dishwater indeterminacy first discovered by Og the caveman. After the big buildup it's a bit of a letdown actually."

  John K Clark

As liz summarized, you went from "that's wrong!" to "that's obvious!"

Which is it?

Jason