Craig,

All this is explained in my book on Reality available on Amazon. The key
insight to several of your questions is covered in Part IV: Mind and Reality.
Basically the world we think we live in with shapes, colors, flavors and
feelings etc. (various types of qualia) is actually a model of the actual
external reality constructed in our minds. The actual external reality has none
of these qualia and consists of evolving information only. When what mind adds
to its internal model of reality is identified and subtracted all that remains
is discovered to be an evolving information structure and thus that is the
actual nature of external reality.

When this is understood the answers to most of your 5 points becomes clear. As
to the nature of consciousness, the so called 'Hard Problem' there is a
straightforward answer to that given also. I won't cover it in detail right now
but basically it has to do with a deeper understanding of reality and how it
self-manifests as opposed to waiting passively to be made conscious.

The modern misunderstanding of consciousness, that it's something that arises
in human brains, can be compared to the ancient theory of vision in which it
was mistakenly thought that vision involved the eyes shining light on external
objects. That erroneous model still exists with respect to consciousness in
which it is mistakenly thought that consciousness consists of brains shining
consciousness on external objects.

The truth in both cases is that it is external reality that produces both light
and the actual real presence of things in the present moment and both vision
and consciousness are simply opening and participating in this
self-manifestation of reality by an observer who then interprets the
information content according to his own nature.

I can explain further if anyone is interested, or you can read my book which
covers Mind and Reality and explains what Consciousness is quite thoroughly.

Edgar