Jason Resch wrote:
"indeed quantum randomness itself may only be a special case of this new
type of randomness (discovered by Bruno)."

I don't think Bruno claims to have discovered the notion that there can be
first-person randomness even in a universe which is deterministic from a
third-person perspective (like a "universe" defined by the universal
dovetailer), he just integrates it into the rest of his ideas in a novel
way. The first person to discover this idea may be Hugh Everett III, who is
quoted in http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qm-everett/#6 saying of his
interpretation of QM that "the formal theory is objectively continuous and
causal, while subjectively discontinuous and probabilistic" (this quote is
from 1973, but I suspect one could find quotes from his original 1957
thesis that explicitly or implicitly suggest this idea of subjective
randomness despite the determinism of wavefunction evolution governed by
the Schroedinger equation).

Jesse