Dear LizR,

  There is an interdependency that should not be ignored between the
objects that express the quantities and relations that are represented by
the logic and arithmetic. A universe that does not contain any persistent
entities would not be capable of expressing numbers or statements. See what
I mean?
  By Necessary Possibility I am denoting the underlying (ontological)
potential for objects to interact and perform actions and for
representations to "be about" those objects, existence itself is
featureless and without any particular property. It is purely "isness".

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 January 2014 03:04, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear Edgar,
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Stephen,
>>>
>>> I define 'Reality' in my book on the subject very simply as everything
>>> that exists.
>>>

>> I denote "everything that exist" as 'the Total Universe' or simply
>> "Existence". The key is that such is independent of any contingency or
>> property. Some have argued that existence = necessary possibility, a
>> definition which I find most useful.
>>

> That works for me, the only things that are necessarily possible appear to
> be the rules of logic and arithmetic.

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher