On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Stephen Paul King <> wrote:

> Dear Terren,
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Terren Suydam
> <>wrote:
>> Hi Stephen,
>> Well, I'm not sure if what I'm asking is even coherent within the UDA, as
>> it may betray a misunderstanding on my part.
> I agree, interaction and the question of different physical laws for
> different observers is not well defined in the UDA.
I disagree, as interactions are just yet more programs instantiated in UD*.
Programs (universal numbers) can be embedded within other programs. I think
it helps to remember that the infinity of computations going through our
respective states are happening below the substitution level... so that our
interactions, such as they are, exist at emergent levels much higher than
the level being simulated.

>> But if that's not the case, then it seems to me that I could never
>> communicate with Glak because our consciousnesses are selecting different
>> universes within the infinite possibilities of experiences traced by the
>> UD. It's analogous to asking how we could communicate with someone outside
>> of our light cone.
> I am trying to not assume that a space-time is defined a priori.
I don't understand your comment, we're talking about emergent physics.

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit