On 10 Jan 2014, at 17:57, Terren Suydam wrote:

Bruno,

It seems that the UDA implies that physics is uniquely determined - but only for a particular point of view.

Yes, but it is a very general one. It is the particular view of any (universal) machine. It has to be the same for any person capable of being incarnated/implemented through a finitely describable body relatively to some universal numbers.

All what you will add, by consciousness differentiation is local, historical, and geographical.

So I, Terren, experience one and only one physics, because my consciousness is the selection criteria among the infinity of computations going through my state.

Consciousness select you in the consistent extension, OK. But the extensions themselves are provided by the infinitely many competing universal numbers/computations below you substitution level, and the constraints of the observation seen from the self (captured by the intensional variant of G and G*, in the math).

But what about Glak, a being in an alternative physics?

If Glak mind obeys to the laws of Boole, and if Glak as a finite body, and if he is self-referentially correct, then we share with Glak the same sigma_1 true sentences, and he figures it out (by Bp & Dt) in the same way, so we have the same physics. If Glak shows us an electron heaver than ours, we can conclude that the mass of an electron is not a necessity, but a contingency, a geographical fact, and there might be a law given the mass electron relatively to that type of accessible physics (given that we succeed in talking with Glak).

Glak's consciousness selects a unique/invariant physics for Glak,

OK, but it does it with some stability, and then Everett suggest that we are multiplied collectively, and so do share most of our histories locally.

Better to bet that we do have a collective comp first person plural reality.

but that emergent physical universe Glak experiences is characterized by laws that are different from what I experience.

It is a different place, but comp suggest it will have the same law, probably the same constant. But we get three physics, and they can be quite alternated type of reality. It is like the electron might be heavier in Heaven apparently :) I suspect the three physics to be related to possible altered state of consciousness here. The "soul" ("& p") resides in three hypostases (S4Grz1, X1, X1*).

Without incompleteness, such comp physics would have collapsed into classical logic, and physics would have been without law, the "multiverse would be smooth and and still more multiple, in the high continua, inconsistent. That does not exist, thanks to inompleteness. The laws of prediction of events are the same for all creature, but perhaps with some variants.

Bruno

Terren