On Jan 13, 2014, at 7:32 AM, "Edgar L. Owen" <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

Jason,

To answer your questions.

Reality must be finite. When the definition of infinity as an unreachable non-terminable PROCESS (keep adding 1 forever) is clearly understood it is obvious that nothing actual can be infinite.

Usually that we can keep adding 1 is used to demonstrate infinity, not disprove it. What is the largest number or the last prime?

Could there not be an infinite number of different programs, each processing different things forever?

There is no getting around this. Nothing real can be infinite....

I don't share this intuition, but could there not be an infinite number of finite real things? That would make reality infinite. And either way you might equally describe reality by the infinite number of thibgs it does not contaib. Either way you run into infinities.

Reality was never created.

Does that mean it is infinitely old? If time flows and the universe was not created it must have an infinite past.

Non-existence cannot exist, therefore existence (something) has always existed. This is the fundamental self-necessitating axiom of reality upon which all others stand.

I, like the Sikhs, would call this the infinite uncreated truth. It is self-existent and the reason we exist.

It is the ultimate bottom turtle (along with the axiom that the universe is logical). Therefore there is no necessity of a creator nor a creation event.

So for you, what is this axiom?

The big bang was an ACTUALIZATION event, not a creation event, out of a generalized quantum vacuum (my ontological energy) which was originally formless but contained all the possibilities able to be actualized.

So for you the quantum vacuum has existed forever and explains our existance? Most theories like this don't presume only a single big bang is all that can result.

With the big bang forms became real and actual and the universe was born and the computational universe began computing its ongoing evolution....

So was the computational universe created by the quartm vacuum or did it exist before?

Jason

Edgar