On 15 Jan 2014, at 13:36, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

Bruno,

Thanks for the correction.

But it's still just as bad to claim all arithmetic just sits there in 'Platonia'.

I use only the fact that the arithmetical proposition is true of false. It is the belief that 1+1=3 is false or true, independently of me, or of the working of my brain, or from the working of some possible physical universe. You use that implicitly when you refer to the quantum vacuum. There is no science without it (pace H. Field)

You still don't address the problem of how anything happens, and how the universe gets computed.

?

I do. UDA explains (only) why we have no choice in that matter (once we bet that the brain is Turing emulable), and AUDA makes the math verification, and proposes the experimental devices to test the propositional physics already derived (including both quanta and qualia (accepting some definition).

PGC said that you should read a text, before criticizing it. I think that it is a wise remark, if not "obvious".

When you study a theory by another, you should better forget your own, momentarily.

I know you claim that somehow movement is an illusion of perspective from inside the system which sounds like the nonsensical 'block time' universe,

I agree that its sounds like nonsense, but the earth is not flat sounded also like nonsense, radio waves sounded like nonsense. you cannot speculate on a possible contradiction to refute a theory, you must show the contradiction.

which no matter how many protest, is riddled with contradictions and lacunas....

Show one, without invoking "obviousness", or equivalent.

Bruno

Edgar