On 1/13/2014 6:14 PM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
Brent,

Aren't you familiar with the concept of a logical or mathematical or computational space that is non-dimensional? Simply stated it's just the locus or association of some set of elements. There is no necessary physical dimensionality associated with the concept.

So it is a set with a topology, a concept of nearness. But it's not metric. OK, what are the elements of the set? Computations? Is 2+2->4 an element? And what's the definition of nearby? Is 2+2->4 nearer 2+3->5 than it is to 2-1->1?

Brent

Edgar

On Monday, January 13, 2014 9:09:33 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

    On 1/13/2014 5:55 PM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
    > Liz,
    >
    > There is no FTL because this is not a physical dimensional space, it's a
    computational
    > space. The notion of 'together' is computational interaction rather than
dimensional
    > co-location.

    OK, it's not dimensional, which I take to mean it's not a Riemannian
manifold.  So
    what is
    it, and what makes it "a space".  Does it have a topology, a definition of
"next
    to"?  Is
    it Hausdorf?  "Space" is very general, but it must have some structure,
beyond just
    being
    a set of computations, to count as being a space.

    Brent