On 14 January 2014 16:49, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Liz,
>
> Sure, the particle property conservation laws that conserve the amounts of
> particle properties in elementary particle interactions, and the laws that
> govern the binding of elementary particles in matter. These are the
> fundamental computations that determine most of the structure of the
> universe....

OK, but I would imagine most conservations laws don't require much
computation - aren't they more akin to storing (i.e. conserving) data?

> How and where is the code stored? There is no 'where' in a non-dimensional
> computational space. How it is stored I intimated in an earlier response of
> an hour or so ago. It's stored as combinations of code and data in the
> actual process of evolving computationally.

I don't understand what you mean by the code and data are stored "in the
process of evolving computationally"

> How do the computations decide what data they will interact with? The
> computations include the data they compute in one information structure as
> explained above.

Where does that data come from? Is there any interaction between adjacent
computations? (Are there such things as adjacent computations? If there
isn't, how does locality emerge?)

> What grid cells? Aren't you familiar with the standard rubber sheet model
> of GR? The rubber sheet has grid cells drawn on it.
>
> The grid cells drawn in embedding diagrams are there to show the metrical
properties of space-time, while the computations you're talking about are,
I believe, what *generates* space-time. I don't (as yet) see an obvious
connection between the two.