On 1/15/2014 12:34 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
And the answer is "yes, he would know that, but not immediately".

So it would not change the indeterminacy, as he will not immediately see that he is in a simulation, but, unless you intervene repeatedly on the simulation, or unless you manipulate directly his mind, he can see that he is in a simulation by comparing the comp physics ("in his head") and the physics in the simulation. The simulation is locally finite, and the comp-physics is necessarily infinite (it emerges from the 1p indeterminacy on the whole UD*), so, soon or later, he will bet that he is in a simulation (or that comp is wrong).

But if it is sufficiently large he won't find it is finite.

Also, I don't understand why finding his world is finite would imply comp is wrong. In a finite world it seems it would be even easier to be sure of saying "yes" to the doctor. I think you equivocate on "comp"; sometimes it means that an artificial brain is possible other times it means that plus the whole UDA.