" I'd like to ask a serious and honest question in good faith: what is
the place of grief and mourning given belief in one of these theories?
Is it even appropriate to grieve in a universe where "Everything
exists" and the self is simply a computation on a deeper eternal
substrate and where time is an illusion? Indeed, isn't the whole
humanistic, existentialist "point" of these theories to offer us a bit
of succor in the face of inevitable death? "

These theories offer no relief except a vague and adolescent sense of
superiority, typical of any cult where there are people who  "know"
and people who don't. But once you reject this adolescent smug and
grow your conscience of ignorance and despise the false comfort of
being in a elite of connaiseurs, then these theories become
depressing. Moreover they are probably wrong, guesses from
extrapolations of some local principles that may not work out of our
of our inmediate reality.  like "less principles are better than
more", or "less complex is better than more complex". I`m talking
about the Multiverse theories or comp.  Or the thermodynamic end of
the Universe.

I personally have nightmares thinking about other "me" that die in
accident in another paralell universe. Or thinking about my daughter
suffering the same fate in some metaworld far far away.  I know that
this is crazy, but your mind and mine extract lessons from what you
accept as theoretically possible. There is a theory that says that
dreams are training scenes that the mind produce to make you
accustomed to what may happen  the next day.

That is unavoidable. Your assumptions influence all your life in very
important ways. I mean all your life. The comic part is that in twenty
of fifty years, like has happened before with the theories of the
past,  these theories will be looked at as outdated speculations
driven by old ideas that will be no longer in fashion, like the
exagerated worship to computers or to a certain metaphisical
assumptions.

So my advice to myself is: Play with this crap, but don't take it
seriously. Since you CAN NOT know and will not know first causes never
ever. Therefore all is a matter and belief.. So  damn you, believe in
something that offer a good teleology, at least compatible with the
human psychology, or else, if you and your people take these suicide
ad depressing theories you will have a bad life and your people will
be driven to irrelevance (and, believe me, we are in this personal and
social  path to oblivion as individuals and as a civilization).

Alberto.