Alberto,

Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. They make a lot of sense and I
agree for the most part.

For example, the "adolescent sense of superiority" that comes with thinking
you've got it all figured out is something that I myself have experienced
(at times in my life when I thought I had it all worked out)... trouble is,
that superiority can never be maintained for long if you are truly honest
with yourself and you examine your own personal assumptions and prejudices
repeatedly in a cold and objective light. This is where former certainty
motivated by fresh experience becomes ossified dogma motivated out of fear.

I also really appreciate your apparent awareness of the historical
contingency of a lot of TOE's and the limits of our vision. Thanks for your
response!