Thanks, SP. I guess I will just have to buck and be satisfied with one
universe. ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Jan 15, 2014 7:54 pm
Subject: Re: Tegmark's New Book

Dear spudboy100,

  As far as I know, no. It isn't possible to shift from one "universe" into
another and back. The universes are orthogonal to each other; they are not
stacked like sheets of paper on top of each other. The universes for systems
that involve multiple particles and not just single isolated particles are
scary hard to compute and thus track under the transformation. Moving from one
to another is a non-commutative transformation at best. If we where to figure
out how to shift (ala Philadelphia Experiment) into another, the phases and
positions of objects is more likely to get scrambled then not, making a big
mess.