Dear LizR,

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:00 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 January 2014 16:51, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear LizR,
>>
>> "However, there does seem to be a problem that needs explaining,
>> concerning why there is something rather than nothing, and what breathes
>> fire into the equations. "
>>
>>   Any remarks on my proposal to answer those questions?
>>
>> In bullet points:
>>
>> Pairs of Opposite Somethings emerge and die from the Nothing.
>>
>> This emergence is the Fire.
>>

> That depends what the "Somethings" and the "Nothing" are.
>
> The great thing about AR is that it gives us something we can "grasp" (I
> realise the irony involved in using that metaphor!)
>
> That is, I know what integers are, or at least I think I do... even if
> they are abstractions.

In my thinking the integers are one form of Something. They have an
opposite. The classes of physical systems that can be used to implement
them. 2 apples are an implementation of the number 2. The dynamics of
numbers and the dynamics of matter are contravariant. They cancel in the
limit of the completion of the classes.

  We miss this because we imagine that number do not evolve. What about
proofs? Could they be a form of evolution for numbers? If we can identify a
theorem with a string of numbers, the proof is its evolutionary development
that brings it into being, so to say...

The Nothing is Democritus and G. Spencer-Brown's Void

>  --

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher