On 19 January 2014 16:28, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com>wrote:

> Dear Brent,
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>  Not so cotton-picking fast! Where is discussion of the proofs of said
>> "necessarily true" maths? I could be handed a papyrus scroll covered with
>> indecipherable chicken scratch and need to find a way to "prove" that it is
>> a theory of Green Eggs and Ham. How do I get that proof?
>>

>   What about math theories whose equations are relations between ginormous
> prime numbers and I have to factor them to extract a proof of this or that
> statement in the theory? Are they necessarily true? Truth does not come
> from a fancy looking stamp marked QED by Professor Ultimum Mentalium. No.

Well, AR *postulates* that there is something out there, and that human
mathematicians are discovering it. (And that whether we can do it or not is
irrelevant to the fact of its existence.)

Similarly, physics postulates that there is something out there, which we
are discovering. The evidence in both cases involves whether the
"something" can surprise us, or produce unexpected results. But it's all
hypothetical, of course.