On 19 Jan 2014, at 22:41, Russell Standish wrote:

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 11:28:21AM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 17 Jan 2014, at 21:36, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Another take is : http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0403031

Deriving laws from ordering relations

That is very good, as Cox approach in general except for a lack of
RSSA, which seems to be introduced in Knuth's work.
We don't need it, as all this is covered by the fact that the laws
will indeed be based on the Kripke (and non Kripke) semantics of the
modal logics extracted from the machine discourse. More on this when
I will explain a bit of modal logic to Liz.

Bruno

Hmm - the question is more open than that. Whilst Kripke,
etc. semantics shows some promise, as you showed in your thesis, by no
means has it been shown that we can derive physical law from it.

?
The propositional physics is already derived. The rest if difficult math, but the problem is entirely formulated, which was the goal. UDA does not give any choice in the matter, and the shape of the solution (Plato instead of Aristotle, is already a big information).

think we should keep all options on the table, and look for
connections between them, as different techniques will provide those
derivations more easily or more difficult.

Keep in mind that the goal is not "doing physics", but solving the mind-body problem (the hard problem of matter, and of consciousness).

Think about the effect of
the AdS correspondence with string theory.

AdS correspondence?

Principal, High Performance Coders