Dear Bruno,

  You wrote:
"Physics emerges from the FPI on UD*. It is an open question if there is a
winner program, but empirically we can bet that the winner, if it exists,
can emulate  a quantum universal machine. But it might be a quantum
universal machine + an oracle, or a quantum machine defined on a ring, etc.
We just still don't know."

  Does the "winner" need to be absolute (over all possible tournaments of
all possible computations) or could there be winners with respect to some
finite tournaments on finite set of computations? Think: Nash equilibria.

  It seems to me that while there are no Absolute Winners, there can be
"local winners" or "Victors" in tournament between computations in a finite
set of computations that are "interacting" in some way.

Could this give us a coherent notion of a measure?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 17 Jan 2014, at 12:46, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
>

> On Friday, 17 January 2014, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>>> But Bruno concludes that physics is not computable.  So does that imply
>>> one should say "no" to the doctor?
>>>

>> Comp explains that physics is not *entirely* computable, that is we
>> cannot predict all sequences of observations. But that is already the case
>> thanks to QM (with our without Everett). So no worry!
>

> Are you referring to quantum indeterminacy? But isn't even that computable
> from a third person perspective, the UDA generating every branch of the
> multiverse?
>

> The UD cannot generate a non computable sequence in one branch, or through
> one computation.
>
> But the UD can dovetail on the coupling of one universal number multiplied
> (coupled with) a dovetailing on *all* sequences, making the indeterminacy
> recoverable statistically by the multiplied machines. (cf the iterated
> self-multiplication).
>
> - Computable means generates by one program.
>
> - FPI-recoverable means first person "experienceable" (in the comp usual
> sense) by a machine multiplied into infinity in the UD, or in arithmetic.
>
> Physics emerges from the FPI on UD*. It is an open question if there is a
> winner program, but empirically we can bet that the winner, if it exists,
> can emulate  a quantum universal machine. But it might be a quantum
> universal machine + an oracle, or a quantum machine defined on a ring, etc.
> We just still don't know.
>
> Bruno
>

>> But without Everett, I would perhaps not even have dared to suggest that
>> comp might be true.
>>
>> And yes, the computable aspect of nature, even, with collapse, might
>> eventually be a symptom that comp is false. but up to now, the most
>> startling aspect of the observable reality confirms the most startling
>> asoect of the consequence of computationalism.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>>> Brent
>>>
>>>  including the behaviour of weather or the human brain. That means
>>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
>>

>> --

> Stathis Papaioannou