On 2/16/2014 6:17 PM, David Nyman wrote:
On 17 February 2014 01:35, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    Well then, facing duplication, would your expectation change to that of
personally
    experiencing a simultaneous two-valued outcome? And if the answer is yes,
does that
    imply that you would reject MWI as a possibility because (I presume) you
have never
    in fact experienced such an outcome?
    I wouldn't say "reject" since it is possible, but MWI is very different it
is just
    projection onto different orthogonal subspaces of the Hilbert space.
Bruno's
    teleportation is necessarily classical and it depends on consciousness being
    *classically* duplicated.

So what about the first part of the question?

I don't know what I would personally experience because "I" is ambiguous after duplication. That's where I think John Clark has a point about pronouns. Of course Bruno objects that this expectation question is about 1-p experience. But it is asked of H-man, to whom the M-man and the W-man are like third persons. Perhaps it is enough for Bruno's point that the question has no definite answer - I think he's just trying to motivate indeterminancy.

Brent

David