On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy <
multiplecit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 5:03 AM, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy <
>> multiplecit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I respect a possible god's creation more than thinking it somebody's job
>>> to convert people. This makes god's magnificence, as you call it, very
>>> small. I still have no idea of whether you see the blaspheme problem here
>>> or not. PGC
>>>

>> We agree that it is blasphemy to attribute to God or make statements on
>> God's behalf what God hasn't stated. However, we also consider it blasphemy
>> to deny God or God's communication, pretending that God hasn't sent any
>> message, when God has indeed provided guidance for humans.
>>

> I don't know this and I challenge you, the Quran, indeed anybody, to
> provide convincing evidence.

Okay, challenge the Quran... read it and see if it answers you with
convincing evidence.

> Your claim in this regard, could be the very blasphemy you speak of.
>

>> You seem to think that the Message is for a particular culture, I tell
>> you its for all humanity from the Lord of the Worlds.
>>

> Cultures compete. War is our collective history.

That's besides the point.

> If I grow up in Jewish or Christian background, this preselects me to be
> more accessible to Jewish or Christian theology/books/interpretations than
> to Quran.
>
> Ok, the Quran is for all culture; but then the Bible says the same. You
> still avoid the question of "why the Quran above all other sacred books".

Because it is the last in the series of revelations: the final revelation,
and because it has been protected from changes. We Muslims are required to
believe in all revelations, not just the Quran. Its an article of faith.
And also because the prior scriptures foretell the coming of Prophet
Muhammad.

> If this were a matter of personal religion, that would be private. But
> since you want factual accuracy, and to tie scientific/rational approach to
> Quran, the question is valid. Science, ability to doubt, question, and
> strive for accuracy in facts and descriptions belongs to all of us, no
> matter the religion.

Agree

>> God doesn't need us or our service, it is we who need God and God's
>> guidance, since it is our future that depends on our beliefs and actions.
>>

> If God had wanted an army of slaves, he would not allow them to think and
> doubt. He could build an army of robot zombies, that he wouldn't even need
> to test. This "testing idea", and why a supreme being would engage in
> testing a perfect creation, makes no sense to me.

Yes, its difficult to rationalize, if at all. But, once one is convinced
about the existence of God, and the scriptures being God's message, then to
accept things which our minds cannot understand is just a matter of faith

> It seems it could be misused to frighten and control people. If a writing
> can be used to control people, to manipulate them dishonestly, to blaspheme
> god's name for violence, how perfect is this writing/book? Wouldn't a
> perfect writing stop this from happening?

When student are taking an exam, does the professor intervene and correct
the mistakes? Life is an open-book exam, but it is the student's job to
study and use it properly.

>> Just as we have no choice over our own self's birth and death, similarly
>> we have no choice in being resurrected for an immortal life.
>>

> How do you know God has stated this as "fact"? Yes, some people state this
> in some books. But perhaps these are statements that, in your words,
> constitute "blasphemy to attribute to God or make statements on God's
> behalf what God hasn't stated". Yes, it could be god's greatness, but it
> could also be people trying to control others through fear.

We'll find out, all in good time

Samiya