On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> [...]
>> wrote:
>>

>>> But if you don't want to believe it... fine. What I say is that I'm
>>> relieve to be an ex canabis addict, and that over usage didn't help me at
>>> all and certainly if not the cause did enhance the problem... do what you
>>> want with that.
>>>

>> I will: your history is not 3p fact. You pretend it is and base
>> statements concerning nature of global prohibition on this, for which you
>> repeatedly deliver no evidence. "Mafia" does not conclusively include the
>> diverse and complex mechanisms of how people extract profit from
>> prohibition. "Gangster" might, but this is so general it is worthless,
>> except maybe in pub conversation.
>>
>> The studies you cite are based on authority of mental health
>> prohibitionists who have financial interest to control psychoactive study
>> and debunked correlation: their job security. You appear naive on the
>> effect of prohibition here.
>>
>> Old news/propaganda. So yes, you appear to use prohibitionist type
>> "argument" and their "science". PGC
>>

>> Actually, the papers you find by google on "depression and cannabis" are
>> not that bad: the one i read all conclude that their sample are not big
>> enough to conclude anything.
>>

> Psychiatrist and mental health sector do not consider Cannabis for PTSD as
> treatment possibility for example.
>
> If for every 50 studies made on correlation with depression, anxiety,
> schizophrenia etc. there was one made on checking for effectivity in PTSD
> treatment or for effects of various methods of vaporization... then you can
> begin to convince me on this.
>

> Good point.
>

> But the state of affairs with prescription medication system on which
> psychiatry rests, wherein we treat with medications far more dangerous than
> cannabis routinely, does not convince me that raising these type of
> correlation questions to stigmatized conditions (depression, anxiety etc.)
> is innocent scientific questioning. This is begging on institutional level,
> benefiting more the psychiatrists' publication history and their expensive
> treatment models, than anything else.
>

> I agree. I was a bit sarcastic.
>

> If not, then where are the studies on psychiatric benefits of Cannabis and
> the medical institutions prescribing them?
>
> There is a lot of power in merely posing the question; even when "sample
> size is insufficient for conclusion". Who cares, the headline is made? I
> do, so I fund efforts to conduct that research. There is red tape
> everywhere in this process and such studies do more harm than good. PGC
>

> Yes. I eventually found one saying not just "our samples are too small",
> but saying "despite our samples are too small this suggests that ...",
> which is only a propaganda trick: "we have no proof but we will still
> propagate the rumor".
>
> I respect Quentin personal testimony, though, and it is nice he stopped to
> use cannabis if he felt it is not good for him.

Agreed. I've never stated contrary and just urged caution with these
associations, as I'm not sure they merit the status of hard evidence in the
current political climate.

Every few weeks you'll see some study with such association in the
headlines.

So you support those that do the contrary (PTSD Treatment etc.) PGC