On 9 August 2016 at 03:27, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

​And as I've explained several times MWI does NOT have the same problem.
Before *you* perform the 2 slit experiment it would NOT be gibberish to ask*
you* "After the experiment what do *you* expect to see?", because both
before and after the experiment the meaning of the personal pronoun "*you*"
is crystal clear unique and unambiguous, "*you*" is the only chunk of
matter in the observable universe that behaves in a Telmomenezesian way.
And because things are stated so clearly
​ ​
after it's all over we can check and see if the prediction *you* made about
*you* turned out to be correct or not; it might have been right and it
might have been wrong but it wasn't gibberish.

It's entirely different with a duplicating machine,  "What one and only one
city will *you* see after *you* are duplicated?"  is just words with a
question mark at the end and is not a question because after "*you*" is
duplicated there would be 2 chunks of matter
that behaves in a Telmomenezesian way
​.​

The distinction you insist on seems arbitrary. Whether the two versions of
you can meet or not, there are still two versions of you.

--
Stathis Papaioannou