On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 4:48:40 AM UTC-7, Lawrence Crowell wrote:

> On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 7:31:09 PM UTC-6, agrays...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>>

>> *IMO, FWIW, using religious fanatics to explain away possible alien
>> sightings is nothing but a strawman argument. If you viewed the vaseideo
>> and honestly evaluated their observations as specious based on reasonable
>> arguments, that would be a different matter. But what you're really doing
>> is pre-judging based on bias. AG *
>>

> I see the space alien, in particular alien astronauts and UFOs, as a
> modern form of previous visions of angels, spirits, totems and gods. Karl
> Jung made similar comparisons back in the 50s. Jung thought there was a
> sort of psychological semiotics of common symbols and that UFOs were a
> modern form of that. I think it is far more reasonable to think these
> things are a matter of mental inner space than any extraordinary prospect
> of alien life reaching here in an interstellar expedition.
>
> LC

*I am aware of Jung's position in this matter. The witnesses who convinced
me, when previously I had believed the encounter was with Project Mogul
balloons, don't seem to evince any religious fever or even interest.
They're just reporting what they claim to have witnessed. But to evaluate
that, you'd have to view the video, which, as you previously indicated,
isn't worth your time. AG *