On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 2:32:50 PM UTC, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 9 Apr 2018, at 18:19, John Clark <johnk...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 8:30 AM, Bruno Marchal <mar...@ulb.ac.be
> <javascript:>> wrote:

>> even comment on my simple proof of non-locality in an Everettian context.
>

> > ? I did answer to your remarks, anyone can verify this by looking at the
>> archive.
>
> Bruce get used to it, Bruno has done the same thing with me for years.
> I've lost count of how many times I've presented a long argument and Bruno
> responds with "I've already debunked that argument in a previous post" but
> he never says where all those brilliant posts are,
>
> It is easy to find them in the archive, but as you are stuck in the step 3
> of the universal dovetailer, and claim to have debunked where everyone on
> the list point to you that you were dismissing the distinction between the
> first person (1p) view and the third person view.
>

> or give any hint of what was in them, or point to anybody who has actually
> seen one of them. As far as Everett is concerned long ago I tried to
> explain to Bruno that a Everettian other world was about as non-local as
> you can get,
>
> Phenomenologically only. But that non-locality does not allow any physical
> influence at a distance. Even those not exploitable for communication at a
> distance.
>
> But, contrary to what you said, only Bruce has tried to show that we keep
> some influence at a distance in Everett, but convince nobody, and his
> “Everett interpretation” used a notion of “world” which has been shown
> inconsistent already with Mechanism.
>

> but once again he just said he already proved that was not true
>
> ?
>
> Never said that. On the contrary I have always referred, for this non
> locality question in Everett,  to either Deustch and Hayden paper, or
> Tipler’s paper, or Price Webpage https://www.hedweb.com/manworld.htm
>

> in yet another mysterious post nobody has ever seen.
>
>> > As usual, he is ruled by dogmatic beliefs rather than logical argument.
>
> Yes,
>
> Yes? Which dogmatic belief. You are the one who invoke his ontological
> commitment to stop reasoning (cf step 3).
>
> You might try to explain this to Grayson, as he did not follow those
> discussions, and seems like many to ignore the metaphysical consequence of
> indexical computationalism.

*I have no clue what it is, to ignore or not. Also, in saying physics is a
work in progress, I didn't necessarily mean that consciousness couldn't
eventually be included in a Final Theory. So I am not an Aristotelian if
that means necessarily believing in the primary nature of physical matter.
For me, it's an open question. AG*