On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 4:08:17 PM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 1:13 PM Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> *>AIM AND SCOPE *
>

> I noticed they used the word "consciousness" 8 times but the word
> intelligence  only once, and even then they meant Artificial Consciousness
> not Artificial Intelligence. It should have been the other way around. I
> think AI is fascinating but AC is a bore because nobody has anything
> worthwhile to say about it, and if anybody ever does they're first going to
> have to figure out how intelligence works.
>

>> *Consciousness has a demonstrated, although poorly understood, role in
>> shaping human behavior.*
>

> Unlike intelligence consciousness has never been demonstrated to have the
> slightest effect on human behavior, with of course the notable exception of
> my own consciousness.
>
> > The processes underpinning consciousness may be crudely replicated to
>> build better AI systems.
>

> Since nobody knows what process underpins consciousness there is no way to
> know if a Artificial *Intelligence* system has replicated consciousness
> crudely or with sophistication.
>
> John K Clark

If I were to sent a paper, would be on differentiating information
processing and experience processing:

*Experience processing*
https://codicalist.wordpress.com/2018/10/14/experience-processing/

Information processing can ultimately lead to just a type of intelligence:
pseudo-intelligence:

*Artificial intelligence isn't synthetic intelligence: It's
pseudo-intelligence.*
-
https://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2014/11/21/365753466/artificial-intelligence-really-is-pseudo-intelligence

Consciousness requires experience processing in addition to information
processing.

- pt