> On 15 Dec 2019, at 19:43, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 7:06 AM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
>
> > the  indexical first person self, which know very well who he is,
>
> Yes indeed, Mr.He knows who he is, Mr.He knows he is the man who saw W and
> also knows that the man who sees W is the W man, and both those things could
> be predicted long ago back in H.

But in H, it was still impossible to predict any of the two outcomes lived
individually, as both copies confirm.

> > You talk like if the guy could feel to be in the two places at once, which
> > is pure nonsense.
>
> THE guy can't even be at one place at once because the entire concept of "THE
> guy" becomes pure nonsense in a world that has guy duplicating machines.

After duplication “the” refer to both guys, obviously. And both knows very well
who they are. Both know that they are the H-guy, and that both are the H-gy,
but now just put in different contexts, Although both are the H-guy, none of
them is the other guy, in the indexical sense of the “you” or “I” we could use
when we talk with them. We have already agreed that the personal identity is
not a transitive notion. It does not obey to the Leibniz law (and that is
confirmed in the mathematical treatment of the 1p and 3p selves).

> > in H, he is unable to write down in its diary (taken with him in the
> > duplication experience) the particular outcome he can expect,
>
> Bruno.... I don't know or care what Mr.He expects

That is the problem. Because that is all what the question is about.

> but I do know one thing, there can not be a "particular outcome" because
> Mr.He HAS BEEN DUPLICATED! That's what the word "duplicated" means.

That does not make any sense, as you have agreed that the H-guy does not die,
and that in both city, both copies FEEL that they live a particular outcome
(and given that the question is about the 1p feeling that they can expect, it
is more than worse to say “W or M” instead of any other solutions.

Bruno