On Monday, January 20, 2020 at 2:59:30 PM UTC-7, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

> Le lun. 20 janv. 2020 à 22:56, Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> a écrit :
>

>> On Monday, January 20, 2020 at 2:00:36 PM UTC-7, Brent wrote:
>>>

>>> On 1/20/2020 5:10 AM, Alan Grayson wrote:
>>>
>>> I explained it several times. There's a singularity implied if it had a
>>> start AND was infinite. If it's infinite, it never had a beginning or
>>> start. AG
>>>

>>> Why isn't a singularity implied if it had a start and was *finite*?
>>> That was exactly the standard argument for a supernatural
>>> beginning...something (finite) from nothing was a violation of nature and
>>> reason.  You seem to be stuck in Aristotelian philosophy.
>>>

>> It's not something from nothing. Nothing to do with Aristotle. It's
>> something from the Multiverse!
>>

> What multiverse ?
>
> If time starts at the big bang what does it means it's from the
> multiverse... Is the multiverse a singularity ? Why not ?

You can think of it as a fruit from a fruit tree, something growing from a
substrate. If the fruit had a beginning, it must be finite in size. Time
for our universe starts at the BB, IF our universe had a beginning. A
singularity in this context is a physical process taking zero time which
results in an infinite spatial extent. This can't happen IF our universe
had a beginning since inflation and expansion occur at finite rates for
finite times. The Multiverse never began, so whatever infinities it has, if
any, didn't occur in finite time. AG