> On 2 Mar 2020, at 15:30, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 6:38:29 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 1 Mar 2020, at 19:11, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
>> wrote:
>>

>> In a stack-based language (e.g like a FORTH variant) world
>>
>>        2 + 2
>>
>> results in 2 on top of the stack.
>>
>> push 2
>> push +  (top of stack is combined with what's below, which is empty)
>> push 2
>> (stack is 2 2)
>>
>> vs        2 2 +
>>  (stack sequence is 2, 2 2, 4)
>
> So, FORTH seems to confirm what I say, apparently. It is just that  FORTH use
> a different language to say the same truth. It says 2 2 + instead of 2 + 2.
> That shows the importance in distinguish the language (conventional) from the
> truth (not conventional).
>
> I did not expect less from FORTH, one of the oldest and cutest universal
> number (aka Turing universal system) :)
>
> Bruno
>

> One could also have a CHESS machine for chess moves.
>
> Chess notation:
> http://www.chesscorner.com/tutorial/basic/notation/notate.htm
>
> example:
>
> 1. f4 e5
> 2. fxe5 d6
> 3. exd6 Bxd6
> 4. g3 Qg5
> 5. Nf3 Qxg3+
> 6. hxg3 Bxg3#
>
> Instead of an arithmetic game with symbols from [0,1,2,...9,+,-], it's a
> chess game with some additional symbols.

This will not do, unless you modify the game of chess, and allow an non bounded
chessboard. In that case we can conceive a set of rules of games making that
Chess-game Turing universal, and then indeed, it will give the same theology
and the same physics than arithmetic. Again, elementary arithmetic is simpler
and better known.

> That's all the TRUTH there is to it. The truth of the game.

If you game or formal system is Turing universal, the truth is far beyond what
you can justify in any effective (where a proof is checkable) theory. Any
theory will only see a tiny part of the “whole truth”, even when the “whole
truth” is limited to the (3p) possible games.

Bruno