You can stay in the bubble if you'd like, and ignore the shift in public
perception, but it's clearly real, and is not just a fringe when only 14%
of the US population has gotten the latest booster.   If people actually
had a large amount of confidence in public authorities and actually
believed what the proclaimed severity of the risk of staying unboosted was,
there would certainly be a lot more than 14% taking boosters out of self
interest.   Most people did trust them initially which is why ~70% of the
population took the first series.

Always interesting to observe the disconnect between echo chambers and the
general population though...