On Mar 4, 2009, at 3:14 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <m...@...> wrote:

Thanks for the interesting response. I think you would know in a short visit if you could hack the "our way or the highway" rigidity of MUM. You sound more like one of the more spiritually eclectic townies than the gang at the university to me.

I was going to say...if Mike isn't already familiar
with the MO of MUM and the TMO in  general,
he would definitely do well to come for a visit
and get a feel for the place.  And I think he'd
soon see what you point out...that while the
goals are laudable, the reality often falls far
short.  And the limited curriculum is something
else to note.

People who get into a full-time movement facility with an open mind to other techniques of spirituality or POVS generally experience a lot of friction trying to fit in with the "one pointed" full-time group in my experience when I was into TM. And I am not proud to say that I was one of the immature buttholes to assisted in creating that friction when I was still into TM!

Ah, but you were one of the best, Curtis. :)

(I have since completed my 12 step Butthead Anonymous program!)

Good luck on whatever path you choose you seem like you have your eyes wide open!

Sal