> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "geezerfreak" <geezerfreak@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> > > <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "curtisdeltablues"

> > > lol, it doesn't even sound like John and Yoko's voice, and
> > > you won't find this in any historical archive, only posted
> > > by anonymous people on YouTube. Very suspicious..
> > > But it really doesn't mean much, since John was always goofing
> > > around like that with everything. Hardly a damning statement
> > > that anyone would take seriously except psychotic TM-ex crowd.
> > > Yoko Ono learned the sidhis later, and was at the concert the
> > > other night. John had reconciled with his previous stress he
> > > felt, and wrote songs that sounded like they could have come
> > > out of Maharishi's mouth "But we all shine on, like the
> > > moon and the stars and the sun, yea we all shine on ... on
> > > and on and on and on...."
> >
> > Off, you remind me of that old Richard Pryor joke when
> > his then wife walked in on him "in the act" with some
> > babe: "Baby, are you going to believe me or those lying
> > eyes of yours?"
>
> To quote John Cleese, "His mere presence here is
> depriving some village of its idiot."
>
> What a showcase for "TM honesty" this week has
> been, eh?
>
> If honesty was shit, you couldn't scrape enough
> off of Nabby, Off, and Judy to attract a single
> fly. A hungry fly.
>
> I am in a state of amazement at the state of
> consciousness of long-term TMers displayed on
> this forum. *Forget* any court case about whether
> TM is a religion...if anyone sane read the things
> that these 3 people post they'd warn their kids
> away from TM more strongly than they warn them
> away from drugs.

But that would be faulty reasoning on the part of the parents -- a trait and
habit I hope they would not pass on to their kids-- since it is way more
dangerous to them and society than TM or drugs. Three people do not make a
reasonable sample. To the extent their behavior exceeeds social norms, they are
huge outliers. It's aa faulty as saying "Paul, Jerry and Howard do TM and thus
it will make me rich and famous."

Its an interesting chicken and egg problem. Do we develop a hypothesis and then
try to find data to substantiate it -- and perhaps unconsciously throw out data
that does not support it? Or do we look at tons of data and try to wave a
textured hypothesis that explains all the data, not just the "fun" stuff.

The latter is harder, and way less flashy -- and doesn't make for good bar
talk. Bummer. It can be so much fun.