Vaj:
> > What I'm saying is that while there exists
> > extraordinary evidence of extraordinary states
> > of consciousness in the scientific record (of
> > various yogis, etc.), currently no such
> > extraordinary record exists for any TMers...
> >
> Can you cite a double-blind, peer-reviewed,
> scientific study that proves that there is a
> physiological correlation to an "extraordinary"
> state of consciousness, other than sleep,
> dreaming, and the waking state? Thanks.
>
> > So all ye braggarts; wire up or fess up...
> >
> Please post the link to the study here:

Out of the hundreds of studies done on meditation,
since Maurice Bucke wrote his famous book, there
ought to be at least one that was a peer-reviewed,
double-blind study proving a physiological
correlate to a fourth state of consciousness.

Where is Lawson when we need him because Vaj is
apparently no help, plus Vaj is obviously biased.

"Researchers have documented immediate benefits
in terms of lowered blood pressure, decreased
heart and respiratory rates, increased blood flow,
and other measurable signs of the relaxation
response..."

Read more:

Andrew Weil Q & A Library:
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA326653

Charles Tart Consciousness Library:
http://www.paradigm-sys.com/

'Cosmic Consciousness'
A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind
By Richard Maurice Bucke
http://tinyurl.com/5saml22