> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >

> > categorically deny that these states of consciousness are possible for
> > anyone doing TM.You could even opine that TM practitioners can't go
> > beyond asmita because they indulge in laya during meditation.>

Imagine Vaj on one extreme and Bevan Morris on the other joining hands over a
joint-declaration about the positive value of meditation without a little
reconciliation of position.  Evidently the ultra-buddhists like Vaj out in the
world are saying TM can't happen and is no good, the ultra-TM'ers are arguing
that buddhism by definition is concentration in practice and hence
concentration as a meditation practice is no good (second introductory
prep-lecture).  Could they ever get together on something larger?