--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > >

> > > categorically deny that these states of consciousness are possible for
> > > anyone doing TM.You could even opine that TM practitioners can't go
> > > beyond asmita because they indulge in laya during meditation.>
> > >

> Imagine Vaj on one extreme and Bevan Morris on the other joining hands over a
> joint-declaration about the positive value of meditation without a little
> reconciliation of position.  Evidently the ultra-buddhists like Vaj out in
> the world are saying TM can't happen and is no good, the ultra-TM'ers are
> arguing that buddhism by definition is concentration in practice and hence
> concentration as a meditation practice is no good (second introductory
> prep-lecture).  Could they ever get together on something larger?

It's funny, each given their own experience, could ultra-Buddhists and
ultra-TM'ers get together to issue a joint-statement that meditation is good
and that meditation not only ought to be practiced but that it should be
practiced, for instance as public policy in all public schools for good reasons
of neurophysiology.