 From: "anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:56 AM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Belief in God is a form of mental illness

 As to the first question, mental illness perhaps results from atypical wiring
and growth of the brain, causes not necessarily known. Mental illness is not
considered a contagious disease. So contrary to the title Barry gave to this
thread, the hook if you will, belief in god is not a mental illness.

 Many people disagree with this. These sociologists, psychologists, and
religious historians believe that history shows us that not *only* is religion
indistinguishable from mental illness (think the actions that the Inquisition
considered "holy"), it is very, very much communcable (the Inquisition lasted
for *800 years*, fucking up Western society in ways that are still felt today).

 Plus, look at how one person defined their religion just today: "But let's not
talk about bawee, I have my hands full just smacking him into line day after
day - it is an exhausting pursuit but someone has to do it so I sacrifice
myself on the wheel of necessity. There will be some reward in heaven for my
efforts, I am sure."

 This person clearly feels not only that they are going to be rewarded with
heaven for stalking the person they've chosen to stalk, but it is their "duty"
to stalk him, to "smack him into line day after day," as if 1) she was entitled
to, or 2) that ever happened.

 See what I mean about religion being a form of mental illness? Here you have a
person who chooses to excuse her stalking behavior and obsession on one
particular person she hates by claiming it's her religious duty to act like
this. This religious fanatic not only admits to being a stalker, she
*celebrates* it and hopes to end up in heaven *for* being a stalker. I'd say
that was pretty mentally ill, wouldn't you?  :-)  :-)  :-)

It's seriously weird behaviour, channelling Judy perhaps?

 I wonder who the intended audience is? Maybe there's an imaginary one that
applauds every such post. That would be a sign of poor mental health!

 Sal, and here I thought you were a smart guy. Guess not. Puh-leeze, go look up
some chemistry formula 'cause you certainly lack the ability to recognize
satire when you see it. Leave the literary pursuits to those who have a sense
of humour.