On 10/23/2014 9:02 AM, inmadi...@hotmail.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

You are very good at quoting scripture and contents of text books (and there is a value to that), but when you look to the honesty of your moment to moment experience - What do you find?

/Teachers and textbooks are like fingers pointing at the moon - they are valid means of knowledge - we all depend on verbal testimony for most of our understanding. SBS compared enlightenment to "Light" (Brahman). The Absolute is already there; it doesn't require anything else to illuminate it because it is an already established fact. The enlightened state is described in the Indian rice analogy: you can remove the chaff and it's still rice paddy. All you have to do is isolate the relative from the absolute and be free. Just don't fall into the false belief that the pointing finger is the moon itself./

Put aside traditions and ancient wisdom - they are not relevant today

/In this day and age hardly anyone reads or understands the Sanskrit scriptures. The only hope for enlightenment in this age of Kali is to practice karma yoga - giving up the fruits of your labor for the common good and seeking out a qualified teacher so you can work out your karma with diligence. /

What are you bringing to the table?

/"As in a pond, when its influx of water has been blocked, dries up gradually through evaporation and use, so karmic matter, which has been acquired through millions of lives, is erased through yoga; there is no further unflux" - Wallah Sutra, I.4/