I recall Charlie Lutes take on the subject that though suicide is frowned on in the yogic traditions he could see doing when facing prolonged agony like from a slow death by cancer. In the eastern traditions including Buddhism they believe that if you commit suicide you get stuck in some "middle world".

The published suicide mantra is of the maran class and is also an Agni mantra.

On 11/06/2014 04:27 AM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
John and turq, what got me rethinking all this is that idea of life full of possibilities to enjoy. Is it healthy to give up on that? Is it honoring, turq of life itself to give up on the possibility of joy and love? And turq, is not suicide also often driven by FEAR? Since you're using presence of fear as a measuring stick.

At this moment I'm thinking that what's healthiest is to act from a place of embodied settledness rather than fear. And we can't really predict what action might thus result. And can we really legislate about people's states of being?!

*From:* "TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*Sent:* Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:11 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Is it Moral to Commit Suicide?

In other words, it's a Big Invisible Daddy In The Sky thang, Share. If you do something He don't like, He slap yo ass. :-)

JohnR's position on all of this is just a retread of that same old familiar F E A R that has driven religious thought for centuries: "'Morality' consists of doing what *we* say to do during your life so that Bad Things don't happen to you after your death."