What kind of experiences have you had that is comparable to the enlightened beings?

On 11/13/2014 5:12 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

I've been there dude. I've talked about it before on here. TM blew my mind for a while, I saw the light, experienced the oneness that is also everything else at the same time but without changing it's own nature. Good trip, not a good long term proposition perhaps.

*/"Prove to me that there is or ever has been such a thing as an "enlightened being." I'll wait." - TurquoiseB
/*>
I can see why religions get started over it though, it's easy to think that what is happening inside accurately reflects what's happening outside, and when you get a change of perception like that you might think you are seeing a deeper level of external reality but what we see of the world is created in our heads anyway so changes to that are changes in how our consciousness is created neurophysiologically.

*/"You believe in "enlightenment" for the same reason you believe that these works of fiction are "wisdom books," because someone you chose to believe TOLD YOU. That does *NOT* constitute proof." /**/*/- TurquoiseB /*
/*>
I don't think I'd make a very inspiring guru but people reacted differently to me when I was like it, bit of ultra blissed darshan for the guys at work. Maybe I would have got promoted quicker if it had hung around. But I went to live with the TMO because of experiences like this and they never came back. LOL!

*/"...I believe that the subjective experience that some call enlightenment exists. I believe this because I've experienced it for weeks and months at a time. But *having experienced it*, I can say that it was JUST ANOTHER EXPERIENCE. It did *not* make me "special," and it doesn 't make anyone *else* "special," either." /**/*/- TurquoiseB
/*/*>
The rest is history...

*/relax, because it is never going to happen. Even if you have experiences that convince you that you're "enlightened," no one (except the gullible idiots on the Batgap Forum) will treat you any differently, no one will think you're "wise," and no one will be any more impressed by you than they ever have been." /**/*/*/- TurquoiseB /*/* /*