--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
\...]
> Another, related question is, how would witnessing such a levitation
> just as an onlooker change yourself? That for me would be more valid
> in my eyes. Lets say some tribal people in Africa see a plane first
> time, and as they don't know about our civilsation, they think its a
> vimana of some spirits. They might actually feel blessed, and will
> narate this event their whole life, how they saw the vimana of the
> spirits. Point here is again, that objective phenomenon, if they were,
> wouldn't really have any spiritual value, especially not for the
onlooker.

Well, when I first learned the Siddhis, on the last day of the Yogic
FLying block we were allowed into the Domes. Rather than leave when we
were supposed to we all sat around and watched everyone hop. In the far
distance, and the very front, we could see this guy staying in the air
for, well it must have been 15 or 20 minutes. We were astounded: he
never seemed to drop below a foot or so above the ground.

Years later, I came back to MIU and wandered tot he front of the dome.
Turns out that there is a raised platform at the very front and more
than likely this guy had been hopping around on it the entire time.

My *belief* that I had seen someone floating had kept me quite regular
in my Sidhis practice for that entire time. I think if I were still
*positive* that I had seen someone float, I would still be quite
regular in my practice, so yes, there is a value to, at least the
belief that, one has seen objective proof of something.