---(discussion below - TM and other techniques).  Vaj, I've concluded
that you were never initiated into TM, otherwise, you wouldn't be so
misguided on the contrasts between TM and other techniques.  Please
set the record straight: were you or were you not intiated into TM
"as taught by MMY".?  I know you are a disciple of Norbu Rinpoche, but
what technique does he have that equals TM, "Dance of the Vajra"?
  In my book, the main consideration is the POWER in the mantra; and
the use of the mantra is important, but secondary.  In regard to the
mantra's power, this question can't be resolved through logic; but
rather direct experience only.
 For example, I've been initiated into the Ramakrishna mantra by an
authorized Monk but there was little power in that mantra compared to
TM. In the Sant Mat tradition alone, I've been initated by
representatives of Kirpal Singh, Charan Singh, Thakur Singh, Darshan
Singh, and the Eckankar Guru Paul Twitchell.  Nope, no power in those
mantras!.  I've been initiated by Muktananda and Guru Maharaji.  Far
more power in the TM mantra!.
 So what's your comparison test?  First, were you initiated by an
authorized rep of MMY, or not; and how did your experience of TM
compare with the mantras of other traditions?
 If you weren't initiated into TM ("as taught by MMY"), then you
aren't qualified to render an opinion; since the "taste test" isn't
possible without direct experience.
  And who the Hell is Dana?