Just one comment...
The risk of death for an FIV cat at a kill shelter is mentioned...
You might want to read the fine print of many many NO KILL
shelters that also PTS FIV, FeLV and even the entire litter because
just one kitten dies of FIP...
Life it self is a risk... What about the risk you give to your kitties
by jumping in your car and drive to the store to get supplies...
Tad

catatonya wrote:

Thank you Beth for being much more diplomatic than me.  :)
tonya

Beth Noren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    But the FIV cats have not been given a "death sentence", they have
    been vaccinated for a much reduced risk of a catching FeLV.  They
    are weighing that risk against the risk of death on the streets or
    in a kill shelter.  If anyone believes that that risk is not
    justified they can say so in a much nicer way than calling the
place a "hell hole" and attacking poor Sherry. From my experience, I do believe that some rescues are too set on
    the idea that declaws are neccesary to attract adopters.  Our
    local rescue declaws every kitten it can before offering it for
    adoption.  When I told one of their volunteers that I was looking
for a clawed companion for my clawed one-year old, she looked horrified and actually said "What
    about the furniture?"  A politely worded letter to the director
    telling them that they lost out on an adoption can have more
    impact than jumping into impassioned rhetoric and telling them
    they're in "the dark ages".
Beth On 9/25/07, Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]