But the FIV cats have not been given a "death sentence", they have been
vaccinated for a much reduced risk of a catching FeLV.  They are weighing
that risk against the risk of death on the streets or in a kill shelter.  If
anyone believes that that risk is not justified they can say so in a much
nicer way than calling the place a "hell hole" and attacking poor Sherry.
>From my experience, I do believe that some rescues are too set on the idea
that declaws are neccesary to attract adopters.  Our local rescue declaws
every kitten it can before offering it for adoption.  When I told one of
their volunteers that I was looking for a clawed companion for my
clawed one-year old, she looked horrified and actually said "What about the
furniture?"  A politely worded letter to the director telling them that they
lost out on an adoption can have more impact than jumping into impassioned
rhetoric and telling them they're in "the dark ages".

Beth