From: MaryChristine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] (no subject)
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, July 25, 2008, 1:33 PM

yep, gesine is a great resource for lots of things.

one thing i learned when i was TRYING to do an up-to-date database of national
low-cost spay/neuter programs is that they change literally from week to week,
often as funding becomes available. so keep checking with the places near
you--and call the shelters and ask about new programs--we had a local grant
here that no one even KNEW about..... and as silly as this sounds, there's a
shelter somewhere in the southern states that funds its entire spay/neuter
program with bottle returns. ask your family, your friends, your neighors to
just let you take back their bottles to fund taking care of the colony...... it
adds up really fast--find people like me who will literally GIVE AWAY my
bottles to avoid having to have them clutter up my house..... i don't have a
car, so it's worth it to me to pay someone, essentially, 10 cents each to get
rid of them!

make up a sign and stick in on a big container: cans for the cats.... it's so
simple and it has worked before......