It is so hard to deal with these things.  Thank God they have people
like you to care about them during their last while on earth.  It is
so much better to die in loving hands than in a cold cage.  I don't
know if they still use gas to kill in "shelters"  or not but that was
gruesome.  Even the injections in the hands of the uncaring or
unskilled are awful.  Again, bless you for being there.