From: Jennifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Felvtalk] I think my girl kitty is pregnant...will the kittens be
FeLV+??
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Date: Monday, August 11, 2008, 8:47 PM

and the only possible father is my FeLV+ kitty, Ash.  Isobel is showing signs
of pregnancy (hard and protruding tummy as well as pointy nipples).  She's
going this Thursday to get tested for FeLV.  My question is, if she tests
negative (which my guess is she won't being that her and Ash mated), will
the kittens be FeLV+ because their father is FeLV+?  Also, if Isobel is
pregnant and she is FeLV+, does that automatically mean the kittens will be
too?  I feel so horrible about not getting her fixed sooner, but my money is
tight and I have to save up just to take them to the vet.  If she is pregnant,
I can't keep the kittens as we already have three and my boyfriend is
allergic and says no way to any more cats in the house, which I understand.  If
I take them to a shelter and they're positive, won't they put them to
sleep right away?  I don't want that to happen.  I live in Southern New
Jersey...anyone want more kittens??  When I take her to the
 vet this week, I'll have them confirm her pregnancy.

 Jennifer - PROUD VEGETARIAN & LOCAL SPCA VOLUNTEER.  Be their voice.
        ~ loving mama to ~
            Morrison (born Oct. 10, 2000)
            Isobel aka Fat Girl (born Feb. 7, 2007)
            Ash (born July 11, 2007, diagnosed FeLV+ July 28, 2008)